Friday, January 8, 2010


This is my final project on boundries. First, I wrote the word "FEAR" in ways that could barely be read to represent fear and boundries. I wrote in oil pastels. Then I used water color to hide the fear and cover the fear, but the fear still came out because of the reaction with the water color and oil pastels. Then to cover it again I used tissue paper and a clear coating. The tissue paper stick in a mosaic type of way. Finally, to recreate the boundries I used a silver marker around the tissue paper. If you hold the project to the light you can still see the words "FEAR" written.

1 comment:

  1. i really like this on on pure artistic terms.The shapes and colors create a harmonious composition. The story behind the creation enriches the experience. Art (and life) is about risk and you painted a metaphor about how people disguise/cope/deal with/work with their fears. This technique could be explored further with other emotions. good work

    ReplyDelete